Time Began in a Garden

"Now the Lord God planted a garden in the east, in Eden." Genesis 2:8

Monday, May 29, 2006

A "POSTSCRIPT" TO TODAY'S PREVIOUS POST

I just got back from my morning walk. running....(oh my no, I don't run!) a little late today. Well, it is a holiday.....and that's what is on my mind at this moment.

You see, The Hill is quiet this morning. Oh, I encountered folks riding bikes, watering lawns, working on their cars, and I saw one elderly gentleman (barefooted he was) slipping out of his house to buy a morning newspaper at the corner stand.

I'm quite sure that behind many of the closed doors, there is preparation going on....potatos being peeled for a big bowl of potato salad, beans baking in the oven, and cupcakes being iced....all for getting together with family and friends for the annual Memorial Day cookout!

But The Hill is quiet....The businesses are closed....because you see, it's a Holiday.
A special one at that.

I am very thankful that there are some places that still pause to remember. A place where daily commerce is set aside and tradition, family, and yes flag and country are celebrated!

And I am thankful that God has planted me in such a place!

5 Comments:

At 10:55 PM, Blogger Barefoot Leon said...

No doubt I'm fond of the barefoot people!

 
At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our world does get going a little too fast, and it is indeed one of life's pleasures to slow down and enjoy the flowers, sunrises and the peace of a wonderful neighborhood.

 
At 4:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

 
At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

 
At 6:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

 

Post a Comment

<< Home