Time Began in a Garden

"Now the Lord God planted a garden in the east, in Eden." Genesis 2:8

Monday, January 12, 2009

HERBS

My granddaughter, Sarah, planted herb gardens and shared with family and friends at Christmastime. She created the beautiful green glass container from a wine bottle, and attached a large, fluffy, red and white bow fashioned from Target bags. Very clever....but that's no surprise from the talented and creative young lady that she is.
Sprouting....








Growing....









Such fun! Especially on cold January days.

Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the compliments!

And thanks for posting these pictures! I've been so curious to see if they are sprouting.

I've noticed with my own basil that it definitely prefers to dry out a bit before getting watered. It does not like to be too damp! But it also doesn't like dry air, either. Humph. I just can't win.

Hopefully yours does better than mine ever has!

 
At 6:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, in fact, the only time my basil really did well is after I decided to give up on it for a few weeks. I went outside to do something else, and I noticed it was finally growing basil leaves. Go figure!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home