Time Began in a Garden

"Now the Lord God planted a garden in the east, in Eden." Genesis 2:8

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

SAINT JOSEPH ALTAR

This was the 37th Annual Saint Joseph Altar ce;ebrated at Saint Ambrose Catholic Church across the street from my house.

It takes days and days of preparation and is a very special time in the life of the church.



I have helped every year since I moved here and it has been a wonderful experience and a great opportunity to meet so many of the ladies who grew up on The Hill.
Every year I get to hear more stories about life on The Hill and especially the preparation for this day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Joseph and click on "Feast Days"

The large cakes are sold by silent auction. This one sold for $75.



More tomorrow.

Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Outside of a wedding cake, can't say I have ever had a piece of a $75 cake. LOOKS like one I would really like!

#3

 

Post a Comment

<< Home