Time Began in a Garden

"Now the Lord God planted a garden in the east, in Eden." Genesis 2:8

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE

My mother grew up in Carbondale, Illinois.
I have many fond memories of childhood visits to Grandmother and Granddaddy Holmes house on West Oak Street
We usually went there for Thankstgiving and Christmas, and my brother, Bob, and my cousin, Joy, would spend several weeks there each summer. We always had such a grand time.
For the past few
years I have had
a little empty place
in my heart that
was tugging me to
go to Carbondale
one more time...
just to remember.
Sunday, Mike and
Peggy took me there. We spent a while just
looking around, and they listened attentively
while I recalled those good times so long ago.

Here I am
holding a picture
taken in 1946, the
day that
Grandmother
left to move to
Cape.

This is how
it looked then.
Mother always
referred to it
as "408".







The empty spot is
all healed over.
More tomorrow...

Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 7:59 AM, Blogger Peggy2 said...

P1
We not only listened attentively we listened with great interest too!
All the photos and memories you shared are precious keepsakes.
Thanks for letting us be a part of your trip down memory lane.
P2

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Blessed said...

Indeed you did....It was evident. And for that I thank you.

And again, thank you for providing such a wonderful day.

P1

 
At 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great time!! I am glad you got to 'fill the empty spot'.

I am also glad that our family is so tight and that you had WONDERful hosts!

#3

 

Post a Comment

<< Home