Time Began in a Garden

"Now the Lord God planted a garden in the east, in Eden." Genesis 2:8

Monday, March 19, 2007

GROWING THINGS

I am with, God's help, attempting to see if I can grow something in addition to flowers.
Was inspired by the following thought from a daily devotion written by David Jeremiah.

Cultivate the discipine of looking for and finding God in all of life--the good times as well as the hard times.

To see God in the present is to have hope for the future.

"God is above, presiding; beneath, sustaining; within, filling."
Hildebert of Lavardin

3 Comments:

At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought for sure you were going to say you planted lettuce for Hoppy Jr.!

I am also working to cultivate this discipline as well. I don't have a very green thumb but with God's help I will see the fruits of my gardening!

This goes with a prior post where we commented to communicate with God all the time - Not just during a crisis situation.

#3 - Curt

 
At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*fyi..see yesterday's posting

For today...
Mom, please don't plant any spinach...I hate spinach!!!

Mark A

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger AnnieD said...

A. W. Tozer says
"We are called to an everlasting preoccupation with God."

What better way to spend our time,
and the fruits of that labor are
tremendous.

anne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home