Time Began in a Garden

"Now the Lord God planted a garden in the east, in Eden." Genesis 2:8

Friday, February 08, 2008

A PRAYER FOR THOSE WHO LIVE ALONE

From Grandmother's notebook:

I live alone, dear Lord,
Stay by my side,
In all my daily needs,
Please be my guide.

Grant me good health
For that indeed I pray,
To carry on my work
From day to day.

Keep pure my mind,
My thought, my every deed,
Let me be kind, unselfish
In my neighbor's need.

Spare me from fire,
From flood, malicious tongue,
From thieves, from fear and evil ones.

If sickness or an accident befall,
Then humbly, Lord I pray,
Please hear my call.

And when I'm feeling low,
Or in despair,
Lift up my heart
And help me in my prayers.

I live alone, dear Lord,
Yet have no fear,
Because I feel your presence
Ever near.

With each passing year, I appreciate more and more the prayers and longings of Grandmother's heart.




4 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice prayer.

And when the Lord hears your prayer, pay careful attention to that thought to call Curt for anything, because it might be the Lord's instruction!!!!!! :)

You know one of us - Peggy, Sharon, Mike or myself - is ALWAYS there for you. Just like you are ALWAYS there for us!

#3

 
At 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooops - NOT implying that Debbie, Mark or Brad are not there for you. Just meant that some of us can physically be there for you on short notice!

Love Curt

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Blessed said...

How truly "Blessed" I am.

And with regard to oops! yes, I knew exactly what you meant.
And as I was typing Grandmother's poem, when I came to the part about needing help quickly, I thought to myself, "Yes, in an emergency, I would pray...and then I would very quickly get in touch with one of you!".

I knew in my heart what your comment today would say.

Love to all, Mom

PS: Lee wanted me to thank you again for your prayers.

 
At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love you grandma Peggy!!

Some days I wish I was closer to my family, but I must say it sure is nice to be in better touch with you for the past couple of years. As silly as it may seem, this blogging thing has helped us stay in touch!

Still check your blog often!

Love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home