Time Began in a Garden

"Now the Lord God planted a garden in the east, in Eden." Genesis 2:8

Monday, May 12, 2008

IRIS

I have mentioned this before, but I shall mention it again.
I do believe that if all of the grandeur of the blossoms of Springtime made their appearance simultaneously it would surely be more than our senses could wrap themselves around. The colors, textures, shapes, fragrances, harmony, and overwhelming beauty are so much appreciated as each appears in a continuous pattern as the days grow sunny and warm.
From the moment that the first crocus breaks through; sometimes blooming midst the snow and even ice, the show never takes an intermission until every player has had it's time in the spotlight.
I am so thankful that the Creator of all chose to give us this beauty in such a manner that the magnificence can be savored and enjoyed for weeks and weeks.
Thank you, God.


Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is a WONDERful design that provides JOY for weeks!!

#3

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Turner Publishing said...

I stumbled up on your blog because I am contacting St. Louis bloggers, but I love it so much I've added a link at my own personal blog (thejoinersdonashville.blogspot.com). It reminds me of being home in my grandmother's garden.

But back to the reason I am commenting - I couldn't find an email so I just posted this here. I know you mainly do gardening on your site - but I’m going around to all the St. Louis area bloggers/freelancers to let them know about our new book by two local authors, the Historic Photos of St. Louis by Jean Gosebrink and Adele Heagney. We’d love to send you a complimentary copy for possible review consideration on your blog of this book. This title is done in a large 10x10 format and all images used are culled from several archives that represent rare or never before seen photos of St. Louis. We’re trying to get the word out to local folks, so I hope you don’t mind me dropping you a line to let you know about our books!

You can find the authors locally at a signing at Barnes & Noble on Ladue Rd from 1-3pm .

Hope to hear from you soon.

Best,
Rachel Joiner
Marketing Manager
www.turnerpublishing.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home