Time Began in a Garden

"Now the Lord God planted a garden in the east, in Eden." Genesis 2:8

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A HISTORICAL DAY

I didn't vote for Barack Obama.
But before this day is over, he will be my President and I will pray for him in the days, months and years ahead.

It is a monumental task that he is undertaking; and I have so often wondered how any person could possibly stand up to the daily demands of such a job.

I will also pray for his family as they stand by him, for I know their love and support will help sustain him in good times and bad.

I will pray for his protection, his strength, courage, and wisdom.

I will also pray that in the years ahead he will change his view on several issues that I believe are critical to this country's future.

May God Bless President Obama and May God Bless America.


"God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.

Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
though, its waters roar and foam,
and the mountains quake with their surging.

There is a river whose streams
make glad the city of God.,
the holy place where the Most High dwells.
God is within her, and will not fail;
God will help her at break of day,,,.

Nations are in an uproar, kingdoms fall;
He lifts his voice, the earth melts.

The Lord Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fotress.

Come and see the works of the Lord,
the desolations He has brought on the earth.
He makes wars cease to the end of the earth;
He breaks the bow and shatters the spear,
He burns the shields with fire.

Be still, and know that I am God;

I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.


Psalm: 46:1-10
http://songsandhymns.org/hymns/detail/a-mighty-fortress-is-our-god







This hymn was based on Psalm 46
The information given here is enlightening..

Turn on sound, click on the sheet of music and then click on "listen" . It is so very beautiful. One of my favorites.

God Bless each one of you too.












3 Comments:

At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

P1,
Thank you for your comments today. They mean so much to me.
I did support and vote for President Obama. Today I felt such great pride in my country. So many emotions flowed over me as I watched the inauguration unfold. I feel hopeful for the future. I believe it truly includes all of us! I feel grateful to be able to live in a country where I have the freedom to have a voice and to be who I am!
It was truly an historic day!
Love you,
P2

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Ladybird said...

THanks for the link to the Hymn site. What a cool site!

 
At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the Hymn site IS very cool. I enjoyed listening to your selection.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home