Time Began in a Garden

"Now the Lord God planted a garden in the east, in Eden." Genesis 2:8

Tuesday, November 03, 2009

THE LATEST THING IN KITCHEN GADGETS

Well, it was in c. 1950 anyway....That's the year Mom got her brand new shiney "Salad Master"
Mother really liked slaw, and she made the best around; so when this product came on the market, she invested . It could cut up cabbage faster than one could imagine.
Last week when I was preparing a simple supper for a few friends, I decided to "dig out" said salad wizard that had been packed away for a very long time. It worked great, and in just a few minutes I had a bowl of shredded cabbage and carrots ready for Mom's homade dressing.


















Posted by PicasaMom had even
kept the
instruction book.

























It was a fun trip down memory lane for me.
Everyone seemed to enjoy the old fashioned slaw too.

5 Comments:

At 7:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it! What a great family heirloom!
P2

 
At 8:21 AM, Anonymous Suzanne said...

I'd like to try some of that salad sometime!

 
At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVED GM's slaw and remember the "Salad Master" and the somewhat cone shaped blades. Mark and I have to do a tailgate later this year - Maybe I can get that secret recipe. If not, maybe I can bribe the holder of the recipe to make a batch of dressing for us!

#3

 
At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know - The freezer that Sharon & I got from GM's estate came with the original owners manual. Who knew a freezer would last so long!

#3

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Diverted said...

SALADMASTER!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home