Time Began in a Garden

"Now the Lord God planted a garden in the east, in Eden." Genesis 2:8

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

CAPRESE SALAD ON A STICK

This year, the Food Court at La Festa showcased a new item.

It was a slow starter, but caught on as the afternoon went on, until eventually all 750+ of the olive, tomato and mozzarella creations that we made and marinated in an evoo/basil pesto "drizzle" to be refrigerated overnight, sold out!

Healthy and delicious!


Not to worry....plenty of fried egg plant, toasted raviolli, calamari, great pasta with meat balls, Italian sausage were also in abundance. With Chocolate Drops from Missouir Bakery for dessert. Who could ask for more?!

And what a wonderful long-standing tradition. Block off the streets and have a neighborhood Festival filled with music, games, dancing, food, family and friends. I am so privileged to be able to be a part of it all.

TFT: "Once we discover how to appreciate the timeless values in our daily experiences, we can enjoy the best things in life." Harry Hepner


Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

At 7:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum, yum! I'm sorry I missed it!

I think you have become an honorary Italian!

P2

 
At 8:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh. looks good!

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Ladybird said...

I need the recipe! Looks like that would be a great bookclub treat!

 
At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Makes a beautiful picture, but I would have gone for the raviolli and a meat ball or two...sorry

I agree with Mike...pics from the new camera are very colorful

Love to all,
Sweater weather coming soon...
Mark A

 
At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - That sounds like a great time. I need a 2 day warning next year so I can get in on this action!!

#3

 
At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum yum, it was delicious indeed! I got the combo platter, but to be honest I would've been more content with a couple toasted raviolis and about three salad sticks.

It was nice to see you, as always. I love being so close to my family!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home