Time Began in a Garden

"Now the Lord God planted a garden in the east, in Eden." Genesis 2:8

Monday, January 07, 2008

A PRAYER

O God,

Help my poor soul to see
I cannot always be
The master of my fate.


And let these hands of mine
Take up some task of thine
Before it is too late.


Then may Christ's love fulfill
The emptiness that still
Is in my soul.


So wilt Thou take my life;
Remove from it all strife
And make it whole.
Amen


William G. Rasche*


*A cousin of my father.
G. Holmes had several of his
prayers and poems among her papers.





2 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That say's it all.

Help me to know I am not in control. Guide me to do your will. Fill my soul. Make me whole.

#3

 
At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those first few lines are kind of like...Duh! I could have had a V-8! But I want to be in control! I want to know the outcome!

Thanks for this prayer as a reminder that I'm not in control and I don't get to peek over God's shoulder!

P2

 

Post a Comment

<< Home