Time Began in a Garden

"Now the Lord God planted a garden in the east, in Eden." Genesis 2:8

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

RE: WATERFALLS AND WILDLIFE

When it was finally decided that The Great Smokey Mountains were to be our destination in 2009, I was forwarded (I think it originated with Sarah) a 10-page spread from National Geographic telling all about this wonder of God's creation.
I read it very carefully and found myself underlining things I hoped to see and do. Everywhere the word, "waterfall" appeared, my pencil touched down.
I realized that some of them would be inaccessible to a novice hiker such as myself; but fortunately the article made it clear that I would also be able to enjoy a good many of these beautiful sights.
One day, Curt and family included me in a wonderful "Roaring Fork Auto Tour" and the "Cades Cove Tour".
What an exciting day it was. Nature, history, wildlife, folk stories, and so much more.
This truly proved to be some of those "spiritual" moments that I spoke of earlier.
For the next few days I will be posting pictures and words from this journey.
Today, we will be looking at "waterfalls and wildlife."
The quotes are from the little guide books that are available at the beginning of the tours.
"Waterfalls are not spectacular here. They do not spill from the mouths of glacial troughs or leap into thunderous basins. Most of them are small, like this, with only a few on the larger and rambunctious side."





"All have one pleasant feature in common. The air around them is moist and cool, the coolness being caused by evaporation. Pause, and enjoy the feel of nature's refrigeration."





We did.





continued...

Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home