Time Began in a Garden

"Now the Lord God planted a garden in the east, in Eden." Genesis 2:8

Thursday, October 05, 2006

"UNLESS A SEED FALL INTO THE GROUND AND DIE..."


This last spring, my neighbor gave me a few seeds that he had harvested the year before.

They were brown and dry.

I planted three of them.

They broke through the earth and began to grow...and grow...and grow...!

A beautiful vine over twelve feet tall produced lavender shaded blossoms on almost purple stems.

And then came the seed pods!

Hundreds of them! Each enfolding two or three tiny seeds. Each tiny seed a promise of yet another vine that will produce hundreds more seed pods, etc. etc. etc.

The wonder of it all. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't tell exactly from the picture, but it looks and sounds like a very young redbud.
The seed pods look exactly like a redbud....as does the little bit of the branch and leaf structure that I can see + the lavendar flowers
Is it really a vine?
Either way....very cool story

Tell Helen hello from me...
Peace
Mark A

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Barefoot Leon said...

Ah ... the wonder of it all! That statement really says so much. This world contains so much to marvel at. I stand amazed .... and consider you one of His greatest Marvels! See you this afternoon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home