Time Began in a Garden

"Now the Lord God planted a garden in the east, in Eden." Genesis 2:8

Thursday, November 09, 2006

And so we say.....
"hi" and "bye" as this story of "Morning On The Hill" closes.












TFT: "Be the living expression of God's kindness;
kindness in your face,
kindness in your eyes,
kindness in your smile
kindness in your warm greetings.
We are all his instruments who do our little bit and pass by.
I believe the way in which an act of kindness is done
is as important as the action itself." Mother Teresa

THE END

Footnote: All the pictures in this epic were taken within a four block radius of my home between 6:00 and 8:00am on warm summer mornings. I have tried to illustrate with images and words what I called "the rhythm " of what takes place every morning in this place.

Except for one.

You see, the people and most all of the businesses on The Hill "keep the Ssbbath";
and but for the coming and going of worship, it is mostly very quiet on Sundays (the word "peaceful" comes to mind).
And that's just one more reason why I am so happy here.

Footnote II: Thanks for coming along, and if you think you'd like to move here....

well, I saved this one for last : ) Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Mom - The Mother Teresa quote is perfect. I try to do nice things for people: greet them, pick them up when down, show interest in their world etc... but I need to focus on continually having
Kindness on my face
Kindness in my eyes
Kindness in my smile
Kindness in my warm greeting.

Son #3 :)

 
At 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful story you tell....A+ job...very uplifting in this day and age that seems to be filled with the 'negative focus'

I refer to a little 'ditty' that I once ran across...."God holds a special place for the Mother of four boys"...we (I speak for my brothers) are so filled with 'it' that you have found your special earthly home...I share your happiness from a distance...thx for bringing me to your 'hood'

Mark A

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger rewired said...

Thanks for all the days of walking and the kindness that you send my way each time I'm with you!
Now on to the world of organic cookies! Which will of course be made with love and a smile! Hee Hee!
Peggy2

 
At 7:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a documentary! Anybody who reads all of your posts will most certainly have an accurate understanding of life on The Hill.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home