Time Began in a Garden

"Now the Lord God planted a garden in the east, in Eden." Genesis 2:8

Thursday, April 05, 2007

FOR THE LOVE OF YOU

"Our greatness rests solely on the fact that God in His incomprehensible goodness has bestowed His love upon us.

God does not love us because we are so valuable; we are valuable because God loves us." Helen Thielicke

"...Jesus went with them to a garden called Gethsemane and told his disciples, 'Stay here while I go over there and pray'.

....he plunged into an agonizing sorrow. and he said, 'This sorrow is crushing my life out' and going a little ahead, he fell on his face, praying, 'My Father, if there is any other way, get me out of this. But please, not what I want. You, what do you want?" Matthew 26: 36-39 The Message

2 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is a shame that we only "really" read this
Easter Week. It should be our
daily reading.

Happy Easter to a dear friend.

 
At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can see why I struggle as so many others do, I'm sure. To pray, not for what we want, but for what He wants. It's hard, even when I think I'm not that selfish of a person. I will continue to pray for the strength to do His will.

I pray for Him to help me get a tiny bit closer to the right path everyday. Long way to go!

#3

 

Post a Comment

<< Home