Time Began in a Garden

"Now the Lord God planted a garden in the east, in Eden." Genesis 2:8

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

GET YOUR KICKS!

Those of you who know me well understand my excitement over anything connected with Route 66!

And you also know why. (Anyone interested in the reason, just let me know and I will be more than happy to clue you in!)


Well, I certainly did "Get Some Kicks" as we traversed the road west. Especially through New Mexico and Arizona.






Our driver knows all about all of this, and was always willing to pull over to the original old road and let me take it all in. Remember, this was the "Super Highway" not so very many years ago.












Lunch time.....

















And did Curtis pick the right spot!














continued tomorrow.....

TFT: "My son, do not forget my teaching,

but keep my commands in your heart,

for they will prolong your life many years

and bring you prosperity.



Let love and faithfulness never leave you;

bind them around your neck,

write them on the tablet of your heart.



Then you will win favor and a good name

in the sight of God and man.



Trust in the Lord with all your heart,

and lean not on your own understanding;

in all your ways acknowledge Him,

and He will make your paths straight."

Proverbs 3:1-6

Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We did have a WONDERful time. Your driver was honored to to go on vacation with you and his younger brother. Yes, the driver got tired and cranky a couple of times, but had an absolutely fantastic time being with the both of you.

And I might add, you are an excellent host.

#3

 
At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks like a great road trip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home