Time Began in a Garden

"Now the Lord God planted a garden in the east, in Eden." Genesis 2:8

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

GOING WEST

Good Lord willing, I will be leaving early tomorrow morning for a trip to Arizona and a week with family.

Will be "based" in Flagstaff and plan to have a wonderful time together.

Curtis, Brad and I will be traveling there in Curt's van and I've been reflecting on this trip as we approach the day of departure.

Curt will be driving, and as he has made this trip several times before, will also be the navigator, for he knows the way to our destination.

Surely takes all the pressure off of me, and I plan to relax and enjoy every mile along the way.

Some thoughts:

I think I am so looking forward to every mile of the trip because:

Brad and I will be in the hands of one who knows the way.

I will be in the company of two who love and care about me, and I know they will be there for me
every moment of the journey.

There are those of our family who will make the trip ahead of us, and I am quite sure will be waiting anxiously for our arrival.

For certain there will be lots of hugs, joy and laughter when we all arrive safely.

And we will spend a week together.

Made me consider another journey I will be taking one day, and think I am looking forward to that trip because:

I will be in the hands of the One who not only knows the way, but is The Way.

And that One loves and cares about me, and will be there for me every moment of the journey.

There are those who have gone before me, and will be waiting anxiously for my safe arrival. (and I
wouldn't be a bit surprised if one of them will be "Waiting on the Far Side Bank of Jordan" just for me)

I'm quite convinced there will be lots of hugs, and joy and laughter.

And we will spend eternity together, never more to part.

Now that's what I call a REUNION!

I am attempting to carry on Mother's constant prayer that "The Circle Will Be Unbroken".

I live in that hope.

And while I am hoping and praying, I'm going to try to remember to sit back and enjoy this ride called Life...and try to always remember to keep Jesus in the driver's seat.

Praise be to the Lamb who was slain and is worthy of our honor and glory and praise forever.

Please check back on the 21st. Hope to have pictures!!!

Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Blogger Ladybird said...

I know that you will be in good hands on this trip west. :)
Those left tending the home fires will be anxious to see your pictures and hear your stories.

 
At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time - think and pray for you so often. I'll send you pictures of my garden soon. It's much much different than yours - but it's been very productive. Lots and yummy veggies!
Love - Mary

 
At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's going to be a WONDERful time!

#3

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger allen said...

We look forward to your return and report on your trip.

 
At 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss Peggy...I was having lunch on "The Hill" today and my thoughts went to..."I wonder how Miss Peggy is doing?" It appears from "Time Began in a Garden" that things are GREAT. I would love to hear from you after arriving home from AZ. Maybe we can meet for lunch and a nice visit...

Matt McClelland
mmcclelland@charter.net

 

Post a Comment

<< Home