Time Began in a Garden

"Now the Lord God planted a garden in the east, in Eden." Genesis 2:8

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

CHANGING SEASONS

I really like the changing seasons. I realize that here in the Midwest, it can mean hot summers, harsh winters, and incredibly unpredictable weather patterns. But "unpredictable" can surely make life interesting and exciting!
I changed my bedroom decor to "fall and winter" this past week.

Of course, I didn't know that record-breaking heat was rolling in!

But I'm pretty certain that very soon, my "interior decorating" will line up with what's going on outside. And today, just might be the day.



One of my favorite things is the warm glow of a candle. But I like to wait until the first chill of autumn to light them all around the house. It won't be long now :)















And I am ready!

Of course, being retired, fall and winter also means a chance to sit and rock, and read, and nap.















"It is in silence that the soul most accepts God." Anonymous

"In quietness and trust is your strength." Isaiah 30:15

Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

At 7:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the "anonymous" quote for today. I find that as I get older I am becoming more sensitive to artificial noise (TV, engines, bad music). I crave silence at times and when I'm in it it is almost deafening in a good way. Perhaps that's my soul's way of rejuvenating itself and being closer to God...

Love your photos and thanks for offering us a cozy place to visit!

P2

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Blessed said...

"Be still, and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10

 
At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shopping for a winter study? I have several to loan if you are interested.
It's almost been a year since our visit - the pumpkins have been harvested. Not as many or as good this year, horrible drought in our area. Absolutely love the pictures this week.
-Mary

 
At 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful colors!

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Ladybird said...

I LOVE FALL! I can't wait for the weather to cool enough for me to get out my fuzzy socks and sweaters!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home