Time Began in a Garden

"Now the Lord God planted a garden in the east, in Eden." Genesis 2:8

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

THE READER AND THE RAIL SPLITTER

We began our journey into Abraham Lincoln's life with a visit to the famous "log cabin". The young Lincoln was stealing away a moment from his daily chores to follow his great passion...reading.


"The things I want to know are in books; my best friend is the man who'll get me a book I ain't read."

On cutting down trees and "splitting rails":http://www.answers.com/topic/rail-splitter

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the ax."



Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 8:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah - A little preparation makes most any process, job, chore.... whatever.... easier.

Helps keep the stress down too!

I think of Sharon, Geoff and Rose when I see a comment about reading books! I like the ones with lots of pictures. Ha Ha

#3

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Ladybird said...

"I CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT BOOKS" Thomas Jefferson

 
At 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm with #3...the more pictures, the better. can't handle too many words...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home