Time Began in a Garden

"Now the Lord God planted a garden in the east, in Eden." Genesis 2:8

Friday, November 02, 2007

SOME CLOSING THOUGHTS

"I happen temporarily to occupy this big White House. I am living witness that any one of your children may look to come here as my father's child has." Speech to the One Hundred Sixty-sixth Ohio Regiment August 22 1864







"I freely acknowledge myself the servant of the people, according to the bond of service--the United State Constitution; and that, as such, I am responsible to them." August 26, 1863







"I am much indebted to the good Christian people of the country for their constant prayers and consolations..." September 4, 1864







"Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves; and, under a just God, can not long retain it. April 6, 1859







"As I would not be a slave, so I would not be a master." August 1, 1858?







"I leave you, hoping that the lamp of liberty will burn in your bosoms until there shall no longer be a doubt that all men are created free and equal." July 10, 1858







Thank you, Mr. Lincoln







Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the quote from 8/1/1858 - "As I would not be a slave, so I would not be a master". Kind of like "do unto others as you would have others do unto you". I never have been able to understand how people could bull whip, hang, drag behind a horse or truck, other people without knowing they would not want that pain for themselves.

Makes my cry when I hear the ugly news reports of what people do to others, especially to children.

#3

 
At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the nice tribute to our 16th President!
P2

 

Post a Comment

<< Home